Friday 21 August 2020


Sorry for not getting back sooner. Having just spoken to Bertie, it has been decided that there is not sufficient committment or confidence to restart the season at this point. It appears that out of the 22 teams, only about half would be prepared to play.

Regarding the knockouts, the situation is the same. There are teams/players involved who are not in a position to committ to playing at the moment.

We will therefore not be restarting any of the competitions at the moment. We will look at options when confidence returns, but can give no timescale at this point.

Tuesday 11 August 2020


Bertie has been in touch with some captains and venues, and has come back to me with a possible restart date in two weeks time, on MONDAY 24th AUGUST. There has been mixed feedback, with some teams indicating that remaining games won't be played. The main reason is safety concerns from players with health issues, but there are other factors, including availability of venues and lack of interest.  

He is hoping to confirm within the next few days, but is still waiting to hear from some teams. As soon as I know, I'll let you know. Cheers. 

Saturday 21 March 2020

League Suspended until further notice

With all pubs and clubs instructed to close, we have no choice but to suspend the League until further notice.

Stay safe, people! x

Wednesday 18 March 2020

Mixed Doubles - Semi Finals

Mixed Doubles Semi-Finals - Tuesday 24th March 2020
The draw is as follows;
Gary / Jo P (Victory) v Debbie / Dave (Hare & Hounds B)
Tania / Vince (Dragoon A) v Marie / Dave C (Dragoon A)
Unfortunately, I've not had time to arrange a neutral venue, and I don't have contact details for Gary / Jo P at the Victory. If I could ask Ben (Victory Capt) to liase with Debbie, and maybe try to agree a date, and I will try to sort out a venue.
Tan / Marie : I'll let you arrange your own game. Let me know who wins.
Semi-Finals is the best of 5 frames.

Singles Knockout - Semi Finals

Singles Knockout Semi-Finals - Tuesday 24th March 2020
The draw is as follows;
Gee (Lashings B) v Adrian (Century Club)
Josh (Lashings B) v Dean (Civil Service A)
Gerry / Adrian : This game is postponed, as Gee is away on holiday. When he returns and a date is confirmed, I will try to confirm a neutral venue.
Josh / Dean : I have spoken to the landlord at The Victory, and he is happy to have your game there. I will leave it up to you if/when you decide to play it.

Week 19 Fixtures

Week 18 Results

This week has been challenging, to put it mildly! I was having to deal with multiple cancellations whilst I was out at the Victory with patchy mobile signal, trying to arrange a neutral knockout venue!
In Division 1, The Fox v Lashings All-Stars game was cancelled at short notice, then un-cancelled at even shorter notice and then called off. I've spoken to both captains and this game is being left as postponed, for now.
In Division 2, both Century Club and Duke of Marlborough A cancelled at short notice due to health concerns, after the Prime Minister's announcement. These games are being left as postponed for now, but if conditions worsen as expected, these games may not get rearranged.
The Dragoon B v Papermakers match was also cancelled at short notice, and the points awarded to the Dragoon. The Papermakers already have 3 unplayed games, and it is unlikely that they will all be rearranged.

Season Update

Just a quick note to keep you updated on the status of the league.
I've spoken to Bertie earlier today, and we've decided to continue scheduling fixtures at this point. We will try to support our venues as long as they stay open. This of course is a fast-moving situation, and can change at short notice. If any lockdowns are enforced, of course we will suspend the season until such time that it is safe to continue.
That said, we fully understand that teams have health concerns, including my own team. We will publish fixtures as normal, but understand some teams will want to postpone. If this is the case, please can you let me know as soon as possible, so that the opponents can be notified. Games postponed with at least 48hrs notice will be held over, to be rearranged if possible.
Short notice cancellations (less than 48hrs) will be treated as usual. The opponent will have the option to rearrange or claim the points.
The season may be extended if there is a backlog of fixtures to rearrange, and teams are willing to play. Otherwise, we will have to cut-off at some point and award points for unplayed games. This will be decided at a later date.
This is our position at the moment. Of course this is under constant review.

Friday 6 March 2020

Remaining KO Dates

It's getting towards the business end of the season, so I thought I would put out the proposed dates for the rest of the Knockout competition rounds.
Tuesday 10th March;
Winter Cup Quarter Finals
Tuesday 24th March;
Singles Semi Finals
Mixed Doubles Semi Finals
Tuesday 31st March;
Winter Cup Semi Finals
Tuesday 7th April;
Doubles Semi Finals
Tuesday 21st April;
Veterans Semi Finals
Tuesday 28th April;
Ladies Knockout
Monday 27th April - Tuesday 5th May;
Various Finals, to be confirmed.
These dates are all subject to change, depending on people playing their other outstanding games, but this is what I'm planning. Venues to be confirmed.

Sunday 9 February 2020

Singles Knockout - Quarter Finals

Winter Cup - 1st Round

Winter Cup 1st Round - Monday 17th February 2020
Martin...Duke of Marlborough B have already informed me that they will be unable to put a team out on that night, as most of them are away on holiday for half-term.
There are a couple of options available. The game could be played on a different night, or you could both postpone your league game on 2nd March, and get the cup game played then. The Cup quarter finals are scheduled for Tuesday 10th March, so that would be the only Monday available, when Lashings A are due to be at home. I will let you and Duke B captain Naomi sort out what you want to do.

Friday 31 January 2020

Updated Veterans Cup - 1st Round

Updated Veterans Cup 1st Round.
Graham...your match will be put back a few weeks, unfortunately. Due to sickness and holidays, Chris and Mike haven't played their prelim game yet. Their game is now scheduled for Tuesday 18th February. A date will be sorted out once we have a result.

Tuesday 14 January 2020

Week 11 Results

Halfway point in the season.

No League matches next week. It's the Winter Cup prelims on Monday (6 matches only), and the Singles 3rd Round on Tuesday.