Saturday, 24 September 2016
Evening folks! Just over a week till the new season gets under way. Hope everyone is looking forward to it. Monday nights aren't the same in between seasons!
I've got lots of important information to share with you. There are 21 teams entered in the Winter League, meaning Division 1 will have 10 teams, and Division 2 will have 11 teams. Therefore, EACH DIVISION HAS ITS OWN FIXTURE LIST.
Bertie will be delivering all the paperwork to venues over the next few days. The files have been uploaded to the Facebook page, so if you're on the Facebook Group you can view, save, or print your own copy.
The dates have also been set for the various rounds of the Knockout competitions. The Preliminary and 1st Rounds have been drawn for both the Singles and Doubles tournaments. Again, Bertie is delivering the details to the venues shortly, The documents have been uploaded to the League Facebook page, so members can view, save or print their own.
All the best,
Posted by Maidstone Pool at 23:26
Wednesday, 7 September 2016
A few highlights from the AGM...
- Results MUST be text to Bertie by the winning team by Tuesday, not just posted on Facebook.
- The proposed start date for the new season is 3rd October. There should be 22 teams, in two divisions of 11, so there will be byes.
- The Singles and Doubles knockouts will start earlier to avoid congestion at the end of the season. It is proposed to get two rounds in before Christmas.
- Matches that are claimed will only receive 6 points (4-0 win) instead of 8 (6-0 win).
- There will be a new annual trophy donated by Steve Humphreys Electrical for the venue that provides the best hospitality (best food, best overall experience etc). This will be voted for by the captains at the end of the winter season.
Posted by Maidstone Pool at 11:40